A CAREER WITH BASS
Due to Bass’ continued growth and commitment to customer satisfaction, we are always looking for ambitious, dedicated individuals who have an interest in our company and the industries we serve.
Below you will find a list of the available positions Bass Mechanical Inc. currently offers. Please follow the link to find out more information. General inquiries and applications are always welcome.
Bass is looking for an experienced Fabrication/Erection Project Manager. The Project Manager will assist in the transition between the fabrication sales process and daily operations of both shop and field; this includes estimating, material procurement, subcontractor buy-out on projects, field support, and work as part of a team to see projects are finished with high quality, on time and on budget.
The Project Manager may be required to work hands-on in the shop or field to assist or lead crews through projects he/she is managing. Additional duties include construction management and familiarity with design/build methods. The Project Manager will be responsible to review contracts, scopes, design drawings, and shop drawings related to the department. Will work closely with the Field Supervisor to plan, schedule, and execute the erection portion of contracts.
This position will require strong communication skills, business development skills, problem solving abilities and be able to work independently and as part of a team. On certain projects, the Project Manager can be expected to participate in preconstruction meetings which will vary from project to project and may include budgeting, scheduling, phasing/sequencing planning, constructability reviews, value analysis/value engineering, cost benefit analysis, and other tasks. The Project Manager will be required to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Provide support in all aspects of Fabrication/Erection Division
- Customer Relations
- Assist in managing budgets for each Fabrication/Erection project as well as the budget for the Fabrication/Erection Division
- Assist and perform in estimates/project takeoffs on Fabrication/Erection projects, as needed
- Maximize T&M projects (sales) and their profitability (execution)
- Prepare material lists, equipment lists, and schedules for projects that have been sold
- Assist in assigning job tasks to personnel based on needs and individual capabilities
- Provide input and solutions for customer satisfaction issues
- Assess, track, assign, and execute RFCO's and CO's based on schedule of values and cost of services
- Weekly reporting of projects including financial updates and production progress
- Work hand-in-hand with Fabrication/Erection Sales Team and Operations Manager of Fabrication/Erection in overall project planning, scoping, and completion
- Create crane plans, site-specific plans, and site safety analysis
- Assure that OSHA, local municipalities, general contractors, project owers, and company safety rules are followed
- Assist in the development of all current and future employees in the Fabrication/Erection Division, including but not limited to training, coaching, and overall support of employees as needed for their success and growth within the business
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Fabrication/Erection
- Working knowledge of AWS/AISC structural and bridge codes
- Ability to lead, direct, train, coach, and counsel teammates
- Strong ability to communicate both internally (Bass personnel) and externally (vendors, customers, subcontractors, etc.) to ensure project completion while maximizing customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to learn new programs as needed
Bass Mechanical is looking for an experienced, self-starting, highly-motivated Mechanical/Millwright Foreman.
- Studying blueprints, manuals and specifications
- Gathering supplies needed for installation, dismantling, repairing of heavy equipment and machinery
- Leading a mechanical team, and organizing tasks and workflow for efficient, on-time project completion
- Millwright and rigging experience
- MSHA 46 or 48 experience is a plus
- Welding certifications are a plus
- Must accomplish objectives using safe practices and procedures
- Must have mechanical aptitude and be able to troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance
- Must be proficient with a working knowedge in hydraulics and pneumatics
- Possess excellent interpersonnel communication skills in deatling with customers
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and make on the spot decisions in order to accomplish job objectives under tight deadlines
Candidate must have own basic hand tools. Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record. Candidate should be drug free, reliable, care about detail & quality, able to multi-task and follow directions. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. frequently and able to work at heights without fear. Candidate must be able to travel up to 21 days straight.
Bass is seeking an experienced Miscellaneous Metals Field Foreman. The Misc. Metals Field Foreman will be capable of running projects with responsibilitity to oversee crew to ensure proper execution of job. Candidate must have the ability to lead a team, and organize tasks and workflow for efficient, on-time project completion.
- Run a crew of men on jobs from start to finish
- Run job site efficiently and safely making sure all men on-site understand proper safety protocol
- Ensure quality craftsmanship on every job
- Work with multiple GC's to represent Bass in a positive manner
- Keep in constant communication with the Field Superintendent making him aware of items or issues that may arrise throughout the project
- Able to be flexible with changes in schedule and projects
- Responsible for maintaining Bass company records as applicable for projects (such as time tickets, daily reports, load papers and any other paperwork that may pertain to an erection project
- Responsible for recording the men's working hours on the Bass provided timesheets
- Responsible for recording company VISA and Fuel Card receipts, weekly
- Maintain company-issued vehicle (Ford F450). Will need to keep vehicle clean and orderly to represent Bass positively. Responsible for keeping tools in order and accounted for, requesting additional or replacement goods when needed.
- Responsible for company-issued cell phone and laptop
- Be innovative when working on projects and always be prepared to think of new ways to become more efficient
- Minimum of 3-5 years foreman experience
- Should be service and customer-service oriented and show commitment to the job, demonstrated by appearance, tools and personal pride in work performed
We offer excellent starting wages; medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401k savings plan including discretionary match; paid holidays, and vacation; uniform and safety shoe programs; travel per diem, and lodging for non-local work.
If you are interested in employment with Bass Mechanical, please email us and attach your resume. Please be sure to include a brief description of the type of position you are looking for and your past work experience.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Download the application above (fillable PDF).
2) Fill out the application - digitally with the fillable PDF (use Adobe Reader) OR print, fill out, and scan to your computer.
3) Save your completed application.
4) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Questions? Email us below, or call (717) 367-9890